Infamous-WoW Forums
Infamous-WoW Forums
Infamous-WoW Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infamous-WoW Forums

Welcome to the Infamous-WoW Forums!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Infamous-WoW's Forums
Home Website
Website
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» NEW ITEMS WOOOOOOOOOT!
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:05 pm by Impaired

» Mists of Pandaria
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 pm by Impaired

» so whats the weather in your areas?
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:27 pm by Impaired

» sumer's gm app
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:11 pm by Kronixusa

» Wazza (10 character long?)
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:09 pm by Kronixusa

» WHat do i run the launcher with?
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 pm by Impaired

» Affinity's GM application
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:17 pm by Impaired

» Frank's GM Application
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:16 pm by Impaired

» Looki's GM App.
WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:13 pm by Impaired

WHat do i run the launcher with?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
imapalli

WHat do i run the launcher with? Empty
PostSubject: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 pm

WHat do i run the launcher with? Smile thank Smile
Back to top Go down
Devistation
Developer
Developer
Devistation

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 7:19 pm

u put in in ur wow folder and double click it unless ur useing a mac cause this launcher is for pc only
Back to top Go down
Impaired
Forum WebMaster
Forum WebMaster
Impaired

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 am

After you download the launcher, open your folder "World of Warcraft" drag the launcher inside this, then create a shortcut and drag it to your desktop if you want to access it easily, then run the launcher, reload patch, and hit play. Login with the account info you registered with on the site, and create a character. See you ingame!
Back to top Go down
https://infamous-wow.forumotion.com
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 pm

I have done all of the things mentioned but when i hit play i get a WoW error any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:57 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
I have done all of the things mentioned but when i hit play i get a WoW error any suggestions?

Just for the safe side, it is recommended that you have Windows(not mac) WoW 4.0.6 to 4.3.0 installed to make use of the launcher. As of right now we only support enUS and enGB wow locale installs. If you have patch 4.3.2 or 4.3.4(retail right now) installed, then that could be the issue as to why you aren't able to make use of the launcher.

Exactly what error do you get? If possible upload a screenshot of it and we'll try to assist you further.

If you want to download a patch 4.0.6 install, you can do so here via this torrent:
http://eternal-wow.com/forum/download/file.php?id=10378

As with any P2P file sharing service, it could take hours to days to get a file, especially one this big that spans over a huge amount of gigs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/kronixusa
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Yes im using windows, unfortantly yes im updated to 4.3.4 but i cannot use torrents due to some past events with some issues on downloading stuff off torrents.
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:20 am

Nar0cku wrote:
Yes im using windows, unfortantly yes im updated to 4.3.4 but i cannot use torrents due to some past events with some issues on downloading stuff off torrents.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, about your past issues. I'm not really sure, the only way I was able to get my 4.3.4 to work was to do a fresh install without getting the hotfixes, its the hotfixes that kinda screw up your files to disallow you from connecting to various 4.0.6 servers. Not sure what to say, some other people just simply restarted their computer and loaded up the launcher before doing anything else on their computer and it worked, other people such as myself had to do a full Fresh Install.
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:55 am

Ok so basicly install but don't run WoW launcher at all go stright to the servers exe?
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 am

Nar0cku wrote:
Ok so basicly install but don't run WoW launcher at all go stright to the servers exe?

Sorry for the rather late replay, but That's pretty much what I did, I made a video for a buddy on how I connected to my server a long while back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcBuO8QZZUI

It was a video to show him how to connect to his 406 server since he was having issues, his resolution was a full re-install but afterwards he was fine. In my video I used Eternion-WoW's launcher, you can replace that part out with Infamous-WoW's Launcher.

Been trying to do some rather brain racking stuff lately. ^^
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 pm

If i have a 3.3.5 file would the exe pop it up to the right patch needed?
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
If i have a 3.3.5 file would the exe pop it up to the right patch needed?

No, if you used our launcher on the 3.3.5, you'll get an error since its mainly meant for cataclysm patches 4.0.6 - 4.3.0. You can get it to work with 4.3.2 - 4.3.4 but we've already talked about that. If you ran the blizzard launcher on yoru 3.3.5, you'd update straight to 4.3.4 also you'll have to download a 12-14gigabyte download as well. Sad Why can't you download the torrent? Does your ISP block that type of activity because of your previous activity? When my ISP called me up, I told them that it was a deprecated version of a program that can be downloaded and stored for free which it is, and that I was just keeping it for achival and educational purposes.

Using it however requires a fee but just downloading it and having it on your computer is completely free as you should know. ^^

Lastly there isn't really a way to update from 3.3.5a to 4.0.6a manually anymore unless you have the original cataclysm disk to update your wotlk to cata 4.0.x then manually patch update from there. Though the patch from 4.0.3x to 4.0.6 is rather tricky and it doesn't always work, 4 fresh installs, 4th one worked, other 3 somehow didn't even with the same operations.
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:22 pm

lol i downloaded some stuff off torrents annd ended up nearly getting sued so i cant exactly use torrents xD
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
lol i downloaded some stuff off torrents annd ended up nearly getting sued so i cant exactly use torrents xD

Oh! You download "THAT" Stuff.. XD, yeah me and my dad almost got sued for downloading stuff from Napster years ago back in 1999.. LOL. Usually I'd say just torrent this and nothing else, but I know how to mind works and once you start something, it will evetually evolve into something more heinous with this particular activity evolving rather quickly! lol.

Well I'm sorry, I've tried to help you as much as I could, only real options you have is to buy the cataclysm installer disk or see if you can get a free one from someone who no longer needs it. Or move your current wow install somewhere else and re-install the game with the blizz downloader. and as soon as it finishes, DONT load up the game, just close out the launcher and slap our launcher into your install directory and run it and afterwards just use the Infamous_13623.exe file thats dumped from our launcher to run your game.
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Alrighty im gunna try and re-install and hope it works thanks for all your help. (kinda sad that i made to third top poster just from this xD)
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
Alrighty im gunna try and re-install and hope it works thanks for all your help. (kinda sad that i made to third top poster just from this xD)

XD, Congrats!
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:19 pm

got different error this time

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #121 (0x85100079) Version Mismatch
Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\infamous_13623.exe

DBFilesClient\AnimationData.dbc has wrong row size (found 24, expected 32)

WoWBuild: 13623
Settings:
SET readTOS "-1"
SET readEULA "-1"
SET readScanning "-1"
SET readContest "-1"
SET locale "enUS"
SET showToolsUI "1"
SET accounttype "CT"
SET expansionMovie "1"
SET movie "1"
SET realmList "infamous-wow.malware-site.www"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxRefresh "60"
SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
SET gxFixLag "0"
SET videoOptionsVersion "4"
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
got different error this time

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #121 (0x85100079) Version Mismatch
Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\infamous_13623.exe

DBFilesClient\AnimationData.dbc has wrong row size (found 24, expected 32)

WoWBuild: 13623
Settings:
SET readTOS "-1"
SET readEULA "-1"
SET readScanning "-1"
SET readContest "-1"
SET locale "enUS"
SET showToolsUI "1"
SET accounttype "CT"
SET expansionMovie "1"
SET movie "1"
SET realmList "infamous-wow.malware-site.www"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxRefresh "60"
SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
SET gxFixLag "0"
SET videoOptionsVersion "4"

I have no idea. only time i ever got that error was when I was playing WOTLK, Did you try to run the launcher on your 3.3.5 install? If you ran it on a cataclysm install that is partially updated, you can also get this error as well, so if that's the scenario, let the update finish before you use it.
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm

i used it on brand new install i didn let any patches at all go on so
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
i used it on brand new install i didn let any patches at all go on so

Define brand new install. what did you install from, whats the current patch that's installed if you know.
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:47 pm

without lettin any of the launcher go its at v4.0.0 adn when i mean brand new i went through and re did every disc after unintalling WoW
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Nar0cku wrote:
without lettin any of the launcher go its at v4.0.0 adn when i mean brand new i went through and re did every disc after unintalling WoW

You technically didn't have to uninstall your current install unless it was taking too much space on your drive or you aren't playing retail, otherwise should have just moved that install to somewhere else as your Live Server game.

Anywhoo you can try to patch up manually using the patches from wowwiki over at:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

if you scroll down, you'll see the heading: 4.0.0.12911 → Patch 4.0.1.13164 incremental patch (patches to build 13164) — ~560Mib

start from there, get the one for your locale and move on up the list. would be a good idea to clone your install right now just incase your launchyer does popup by itself and start updating you to 434.

I haven't done it in some time, but the update from 4.0.3a to 4.0.6 are mpq files i believe, honestly don't remember how to do those, it has to do with using the blizzard updater and putting the files in various locations, this is why I just suggest the torrent now since this is all pretty much hit or miss.
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:56 pm

do i need to go up in patch opr go to the patch the server is updated to and if so which patch?
Back to top Go down
Kronixusa
Developer
Developer
Kronixusa

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:03 am

Nar0cku wrote:
do i need to go up in patch opr go to the patch the server is updated to and if so which patch?

You have to incrementally manually patchup from 4.0.0 to 4.0.6a which is about 6 updates. You can't just simply download the 4.0.6a update and install it, it doesn't work that way. There are various guides around the net on what to do or downoad to get yourself to 4.0.6a.

But all of them are locale specific, so if its a enGB tutorial, naturally you can't apply that to an enUS install and so forth. Like here's a guide for enGB:
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-emulator-servers/wow-emu-questions-requests/334664-got-patch-4-0-0-need-too-patch-up-too-4-0-6-help-please.html

just google around and you should be able to find a guide for yours or something similar to go off on. I gotta get to sleep, so goodluck mate!
Back to top Go down
Nar0cku
Nar0cku

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:47 am

did fine with the first two cause they were exe but didn understand how to do last two
Back to top Go down
Silent

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:48 am

Doing what Kronixusa is saying takes ages to do. I made a torrent for 4.0.6 a while back, here's the link to the thread that I made, i suggest you to follow it, all you have to do is download, and you're done. Tinyurl.com/fixtofourthreetwo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHat do i run the launcher with?   WHat do i run the launcher with? Empty

Back to top Go down

WHat do i run the launcher with?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Infamous-WoW Forums :: General :: Infamous-WoW Discussion-
Jump to: